A Series of (Un)fortunate Events




And I'm not referencing the Lemony Snicket child book series.

These last months have been tumultuous. Mostly the last couple weeks.

Not in the worst kind of way, but just in a way of disarray and craziness.

Throughout it all, I am: 1) grateful; 2) pleased; 3) looking forward; 4) scared shitless.

I have thought about a million topics I wanted to write about. I have stretched, wrote poems, wrote about conflict, learning more about gender identity (or letting go of identity), friendship, lovers, adventure, and hardship.

The hilarious 72-hour escapade:
- locked my keys in my car in Island Beach State Park (where is my bottle opener? oh...no...)
- got soaked in a wondrous humid thunderstorm on the beach, with my beautiful friend Arianna
- ran to the car. disheveled, sand everywhere, partly dressed.
- pulled over by the "Berkeley Township" police - barefoot. seriously, I was speeding through a state park. My bad. Got out with a city ordinance. thank you.
- next day, we scored a seemingly awesome parking spot in Brooklyn (why did we drive to NY? you may ask. don't have a good answer for you). The car was missing from its perfect spot.
- hours later, and many $s down the drain, my car was retrieved from the Brooklyn Tow Pound. thank you NYPD.
- those thunderstorms. epic, massive rain and lightening while on the NJ Turnpike. Cool.
- I decided cars weren't for me (at least not in the city). So, the next day I decided to ride by bike (as usual). Within a mile from my house, I got car doored by a lovely driver in Philly. Quick 6-hour ER visit later, no serious injuries. just some cool, colorful bruises and obnoxious abrasions.

Needless to say, it was a week full of adventure. However, I am thankful that it is July and I am alive and the sun is still shining (well, one day in Philly it is sunny and unbearably hot, then the next it's storming, yet still sticky hot).

After two years in Philly, I am officially leaving. My lease ends on the July 31st, then I am going to celebrate with one last hurrah before traveling cross-country via car/myself. I want to write about my travels, during my bottomless coffee breaks at random cities.

Just trying to stay sane while I embark on these next two weeks. Sending positive energy into the universe, thanking all who took the time to touch my life during my stay in Philly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bay

Unconventional Schedules

Birth Obsession