Peace Within


I attended a yoga class earlier this week that had profound, yet simple, quote hanging in the bathroom.

"Peace.
It does does mean to be in a place
where there is no noise, trouble or hard work.
It means to be in the midst of those things
and still be calm in your heart."
-Anonymous


When I find myself sitting in silence - breathing, exercising, stretching - I notice myself trying to bring quietness, an element of peace, to the mind.  But maybe that is all wrong. I have encountered a similar sentiment with a Sensei in a Warrior Yoga class at Santa Cruz. He'd tell us to let the thought come to your mind, and allow it to sit with you. Like these feelings of "bad" emotions or negativity, we must allow it to be. We must allow it to be, for it to pass.


This quote illuminates the significance of being self-centered, this concept of being calm while the world frantically carries on. It's so easy to wrapped up with the stress and enumerable tasks that consume a 21st century professional. How do we free ourselves?


How can we achieve peace within?





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bay

Unconventional Schedules

Birth Obsession