Changing Faces

As I sit accompanied by boxes and scattered books and winter sweaters, I think about this ever fleeting moment, captured so well in Richard Linklater's new film, Boyhood


The changing faces of Ellar Coltrane

I got to Philadelphia on September 2nd, 2013 with not much of a clue of what my life would look like moving forward. And as my year reunion of residency in this beautiful, dirty, and historic city approaches, I am yet again jumping on a flight, east bound, to imbibe on more adventure. On the itinerary: Israel, Greece, Turkey. With my beautiful lady, Erica, and many strangers. I couldn't be happier with what I have continued to learn, each day during this Philadelphian road, and I plan to continue being a part of this community come post-Columbus day.

In the last scene of Boyhood, a now 19-year old Mason sits on a rock in the wilderness of Texas, with a newly found friend at college. They're talking about life.  "You know how everyone's always saying seize the moment?" She asks. "I don't know, I'm kind of thinking it's the other way around, you know, like the moment seizes us." He replies, "Yeah, I know, it's constant, the moments, it's just - it's like it's always right now, you know?" Not only was this moment sentimental for me due to it being quite familiar with my own college experience. Beyond, its extreme magnitude - consumed with an intangible explanation - left me breathless.

I have recently concluded that words can't capture my feelings, my emotions. I do know what feels good, not only in this second but the concept of settings goals and moving towards them, but not being pigeon-holed in my pursuits. I know that right now, this moment, now, I want to move. But I want to share. Stubbornly, I want to know every answer, what my future holds, for heart yearns for more, to learn, yet my belly churns. 

But I need to breathe... or I'll forget this moment. 

I appreciate you if you can follow my non-sequiturs, and I appreciate you even if you don't. 

Tune in for tidbits re: my travels East. 
Please Watch. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bay

Unconventional Schedules

Birth Obsession